The councillors’ ward pots aim to support stronger, successful communities by making grants available to local voluntary, community, and self-help groups and projects that want to make a difference in their local community. If your organisation can contribute to your local area, you may be eligible for funding.
You do not need to be a registered charity or have a constitution to apply. You may apply for a grant provided that:
- Your group is not for profit.
- You have a bank account in your group’s name and at least two people (not related to one another) must sign any cheque or withdrawal from the account.
- Your group can run the activity and complete the form, even if you get some help with this. The contact for the grant and the person signing the form must be a member of the group or its management committee.
- Your activities begin and costs are incurred after receipt of a grant.
- Your group or activity is open to everyone. If your activity is not open to everyone, you need to tell us why and councillors will decide if it is eligible.
- Your activities are for the benefit of people who live in the Ward(s).
Once you know what ward you are applying for, download and complete the application form available here. You should send it to the email address for the area you are applying for:
- South East: SoutheastLAC@sheffield.gov.uk (Beighton, Birley Mosborough and Woodhouse wards)
- South: SouthLAC@sheffield.gov.uk (Beauchief & Greenhill, Graves Park, Gleadless Valley and Sharrow and Nether Edge)
- South West: SouthwestLAC@sheffield.gov.uk (Crookes &Crosspool, Dore & Totley, Ecclesall and Fulwood wards)
- North: NorthLAC@sheffield.gov.uk (East Ecclesfield Stannington, Stocksbridge & Upper Don and West Ecclesfield wards)
- North East: NortheastLAC@sheffield.gov.uk (Burngreave, Firth Park, Shiregreen & Brightside and Southey wards)
- Central: CentralLAC@sheffield.gov.uk (Broomhill & Sharrow Vale, City Hillsborough and Walkley wards)
- East: EastLAC@sheffield.gov.uk (Darnall, Manor Castle, Park & Arbourthorne and Richmond wards)