Written by Northern College
Northern College is the only residential college in the North working with adults aged 19 and over to re-enter education to progress, gain employment or retrain for a new career.
Our aim is to support adults, including those impacted by Covid-19, to rebuild their confidence and progress, gain employment or retrain for a new career – whilst meeting employer skills gaps to help rebuild our economy.
We offer many courses that eligible adults on low incomes or who are unemployed can access for free. We can also provide adult centred guidance on career pathways, course funding options, and accessing support for things such as travel and childcare.
The college has a long history of engaging adults who have no or few qualifications, are unemployed or in low paid roles – in addition to adults in established careers who want to retrain. Our students rapidly progress, excel in their studies and transform their lives.
At our events, you will:
- Have time to network, build up contacts and share good practice with other professionals and organisations
- Learn how to refer eligible adults to courses they can study for free
- Learn about other funding support options available to support adults to return to learning
- Share ideas about how we can work together to signpost and support individuals in our communities to upskill and retrain to gain employment
- Discover our conferencing and Event spaces plus our en-suite rooms in the stunning Home Farm Complex.
These regular events for our partners will run bi-monthly throughout the year and are open to new organisations and employers, as well as those who have partnered with Northern College for a while. Dates include:
- 21st January 2022
- 18th March 2022
- 13th May 2022
- 15th July 2022
All events begin at 2pm and finishes at 4pm.
Click here to register for a partner networking event in 2022