Job title: Volunteering Co-ordinator
Salary grade: £22,667 – £24,184 (pro-rata)
Hours: 21 per week. The post may include occasional evening & weekend work, for which time off in lieu will be given.
Pension: VAS pension scheme with 6% employer contribution and compulsory employee contribution subject to Auto-enrolment requirements
Holidays: 25 days’ annual leave in addition to 11 statutory and additional holidays, pro rata for part-time staff.
Location: The Circle, Rockingham Lane, Sheffield S1 4FW
Job Purpose: To raise the profile of volunteering and the Volunteer Centre Services in Sheffield.
- To ensure effective delivery of a volunteer brokerage service at the Circle
- To promote volunteering and the opportunities available across Sheffield through volunteer fairs, outreach events and social media
Effective delivery of a volunteer brokerage service at the Circle
- To recruit, train and manage Volunteer centre volunteers to enhance the quality and capacity of our work. (Currently drop in advisors, event ambassadors and admin)
- To ensure the Volunteer Centre has an organised, professional and welcoming atmosphere.
- To provide a first point of contact to individuals and organisations enquiring about volunteering, referring enquiries, where appropriate, to other VAS staff or to other agencies.
- Compile a monthly bulletin of volunteering opportunities, using mail merge to export the most up-to-date opportunities and format in to the monthly bulletin.
Promote volunteering and the opportunities available across Sheffield through volunteer fairs, outreach events and social media
network and build partnerships with relevant organisations to raise the profile
of volunteering and of the Volunteer Centre
- To organise volunteer fairs in partnership with Sheffield Hallam Students Union (currently 3 times a year)
- To identify and organise volunteers who can promote volunteering at outreach locations, events or group sessions.
- To regularly update and ensure the availability of information on the relevant pages of the VAS / Volunteer Centre website
- To promote volunteering by a range of techniques e.g. The drop in, Website, Social media, e-mailshots etc
Monitoring and general duties:
- To compile data for monitoring, evaluation and reporting internally and to funders
- To ensure that all services are properly monitored and evaluated, recorded and quality assured in accordance with VAS policies and procedures and quality systems.
- To participate in VAS staff meetings and events.
- To undertake relevant training and development
- To undertake other duties as required within the general scope of the post, subject to consultation
This is not a final and complete statement of the duties attached to this post which may be amended from time to time in accordance with the changing needs and development of Voluntary Action Sheffield.
- Promoting the work of the third sector to all stakeholders.
- Promoting the work of Voluntary Action Sheffield to partners and external organisations.
- Promoting the values of Voluntary Action Sheffield.
- Any other reasonable tasks as required by your Line Manager.
- Working within and promoting the policies and procedures laid down by VAS.
- Promoting the organisation’s Equal Opportunity and Diversity policies and practices in all aspects of service delivery.
Closing Date: 25 June 2019 9:00am
Interviews: 9 July