We’re Tazer Restaino and Jenat Shah, National Careers Service Advisers based in the Sheffield area.
The National Careers Service is a FREE and Impartial advice service, here to help adults aged 19+.
We offer a whole range of support including:
• Job Searching – Expanding existing job search skills and knowledge. Support with uploading CVs to job sites such as Find A Job and Universal Credit.
• CVs – Giving general hints and tips with compiling, reviewing and updating a CV. General advice identifying and highlighting key skills and experience, and how they can be considered transferrable skills.
• Covering letters – Helping customers to formulate a covering letter and to understand the principles behind what makes a successful letter.
• Application Forms – Support to help customers improve their skills enabling them to complete these in an effective and succinct way.
• Email – Practical support to help customers set up an email address to help in their efforts to contact employers and apply for work.
• Career Route Information – Information and advice on how to get into a chosen career, and support utilising National Careers Service’s Explore Careers.
• Interviews – Tips and techniques designed to help build confidence and increase the chances of success in interviews, including the STAR technique.
• Training – Assistance to help customers search for appropriate courses, explore different options and determine whether they are eligible for funding or free training.
• Redundancy support – Helping individuals effected by redundancy assess their options where training and work are concerned.
• Skills Health Check – Assistance to identify realistic and achievable work goals based on skills and motivations and help to explore any skills gaps that exist preventing the client from obtaining employment.
We can see customers for one-to-one sessions, or we run Group Workshops regularly, these range from: Create a Winning CV workshops, Interview Skills workshops, Help with The Job Search workshops and much more!
We are based in Sheffield Futures, Bailey Court JCP and Chapeltown JCP! Simply visit the National Careers Service website or call 0800 100 900 to book an appointment now!
If you want to have a chat about how the National Careers Service can work with you as a provider or organisation, we’re always looking for new opportunities.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter: