Salary: Competitive, and negotiable for the right applicant
Job Title – Forklift Truck Trainer / Assessor
Responsible to – AEB Manager
Location – Sheffield (Attercliffe)
Portland Training are currently expanding and have an exciting opportunity available for the right candidate to join our team. We offer a competitive salary, attractive bonus package and a holiday allowance of 25 days, increasing after two years of service, plus an additional day off for your birthday! Hard work is recognised and incentives/rewards given for this alsoPurpose of role:
To plan, prepare, teach and support a caseload of learners on Fork Lift Truck Courses for the unemployed.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Plan and deliver teaching and learning and assessment sessions.
- To prepare learning plans and teaching and learning materials taking into account the learners individual needs.
- Carry out sign ups onto programme ensuring accurate completion of initial assessment and paperwork.
- Induct learners onto the programme, explaining content, quality assurance and wider learning opportunities.
- Accurate and timely completion of all relevant documentation and records relating to learners training, progress and achievement including;
- – Learner Reviews
- – Individual Learning Plans
- – Attendance Records
- – Action plans/feedback
- – Any other contractual paperwork
- To deliver high quality and innovative teaching and learning sessions to group classes.
- Provide rigorous assessment and effective feedback to learners via robust marking of learners work and structured verbal and written feedback showing what the learners needs to do to improve and ensuring stretch and challenge is promoted.
- Inspire, motivate and raise aspirations of your learners through enthusiasm and knowledge, which ensure good attendance and engages the learner in their programme.
- To ensure contractual targets (retention, progression and achievement of all learners) and internal company targets are achieved and that awarding body / end point assessment organisations requirements are adhered at all times.
- Provide on-going information, advice and guidance
- Develop the learners knowledge of safeguarding, British values, awareness of prevent, equality and diversity and health and safety and wider learning as laid out in OFSTED guidelines, throughout the programme
- Support and maintain the quality assurance process for assessment, training and verification purposes, in line with Portland Training’s policies and all related awarding body procedures and guidelines
- Committed to continuous improvement – personal and organisational
- Increase the portfolio of the company by assisting in the marketing of all areas of the business
- Promote equal opportunities and recognition of diversity throughout the company
- Adhere to Portland Training’s policies and procedures at all times
- May occasionally be required to work out of normal hours
- Carry out any additional duties as reasonably requested by line management
- Hold relevant FLT licences and a minimum of 2 years’ experience in the work place.
- Hold a recognised teaching qualification DTTLS/Cert Ed or equivalent (desirable)
- Hold a recognised assessing qualification D32, A1, TAQA, CAVA or equivalent
- GCSE Grade C English and Maths or FS Level 2
- Hold Level 3 or higher in vocational subject areas.
- Be able to evidence substantial experience and competency within the sector.
- Experience delivering FLT and courses previously.
- Confidence in IT skills, is an advantage
- The ability to plan and deliver innovative and motivational sessions with a clear focus on the needs of the individual learner
- An understanding of different learning styles and how to differentiate through various teaching methods.
- Ability to motivate self and learners
- Ability to prioritise workloads
- Ability to use initiative and be flexible in approach
- Contribute and work well as part of a team
Please email your CV to email@example.com and if successful we will arrange an interview with you.