Funding is available through The Prince’s Trust for 16-30-year-olds who need financial help to support their journey towards the labour market.
Prince’s Trust have funding available for 16-30 year olds in South Yorkshire, to help young people with financial barriers to access education, employment or training. Development Awards are grants of around £150 per person, which can help applicants with a range of things including equipment, laptops, travel, uniform etc all of which may be vital in the current circumstances. The young person must be in financial need and there must be a positive outcome such as a job or college course. See the list below and attached eligibility criteria. Please be aware funding is limited so get in touch soon.
- Email YHOutreach@princes-trust.org.uk if you would like to chat about this funding – we would be happy to tell you more about it and discuss how it can benefit the young people you are working with. You are also welcome to forward this email or share the attached poster to anyone who may be interested in the funding. 😊
The applicant must be able to evidence their positive outcome, which could be a job interview, new job, college course, online course, apprenticeship or structured volunteering. This funding aims to remove the financial barriers for the young person. Each application is assessed by us on a case-by-case basis, so please avoid making any promises to young people before funding is approved. Please see attached info for further eligibility info. It can take a couple of weeks to turn around so try give us some notice if you can.
Things we have Recently Funded
- Laptop for a college course
- A bicycle for a young person to get to a new job
- Uniform or equipment for a new job / college course
- Clothing for a job interview
- ID or DBS for a new job
Things we don’t Fund
There are certain things we don’t fund such as hardship (household bills, food etc), petrol or taxi costs, childcare, SIA badges or one day courses. We also can’t fund things that have already been paid for.
How to Apply
To refer a young person for a Development Award, please call 0800 842 842 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any queries, you can email the team on the above.