- Only 16% of autistic people are in full time, paid work.
- 64% of employers have said that they do not know where to go for support or advice about employing autistic people.
National Autistic Society will host a two-day online conference on the 4-5 March 2021 to gather businesses together to champion Autism at Work. Please could you make employers who might be interested in attending aware of this Autism at Work Summit (link is external). Note that it is not a free to attend event.
Whilst it is a two-day event, those attending the summit can dip in and out and attend the sessions that they are most interested in. However, the ticket price remains the same – but they can catch up On Demand for two weeks after the conference, so they can still watch the parts that they miss should they wish to.
Attendees at the conference will be able to:
- hear the UK’s leading experts provide insights into strategies to support autistic people into your business
- be inspired by first-hand accounts of the unique issues that affect autistic people in the workplace and how you can help
- learn practical strategies to adapt your practice and improve how you deliver support to your autistic employees
- discover new ways of enabling autistic people to get their voice and choices heard.
- network with other professionals and experts through the online Q&A, chat and virtual exhibition
- sessions will be delivered online and available to delegates on demand, after the conference
- interact with space for questions at the end of each presentation