Location: Zest Centre
Rate of Pay: £28,000-30,000 pro rata depending on experience
Hours: 29.6 hours (0.8 fte) hours per week willing to discuss flexibility/ options on hours for the right candidate
Holidays: 25 days per annum plus 8 statutory days (pro rata)
(1 day add on per year up to 30 days)
Responsible to: Chief Executive
Purpose of Job
To be responsible for the effective operational management of the Zest Centre, encompassing the effective management of leisure staff, services, facilities. Working in collaboration with all departments, to create an environment that is friendly, welcoming and supportive.
- The development and management of a high-quality physical activity service offer at the Zest Centre (swimming pool, gym and class provision) that meets the needs of the local community.
- To support and enable a leisure and front of house team to deliver excellent levels of service including sharing, agreeing and delivering on plans, targets, standards and outcomes in relation to customer service take up and experience.
- Managing all facilities and resources in the centre including cleaning, repairs and maintenance.
- Effective financial management and monitoring of budget and service performance in adherence with GDPR.
- To be responsible for an effective room rental service and for the letting of space to tenants in all Zest premises.
- Effective marketing and promotion of services.
- To be responsible for developing and implementing effective health, safety & security policy and procedures for Zest and its services including ensuring adherence to current legal and recommended standards of practice in relation to Health & Safety at Work Act (HSW), MHSWR, COSHH, RIDDOR and Pool Safe Operating Procedures (PSOPs).
- Working in collaboration with colleagues to develop excellent services and create an environment that is friendly, welcoming and supportive.
- To develop and maintain relationships with partners and other key stakeholders including Zest Centre tenants.
- To undertake any other duties as agreed with the Line Manager.
- To undertake training and other development activity in line with organisational and personal development needs.
- To carry out all duties and responsibilities as described in line with Zest’s policies and procedures, with particular attention to those relating to Equal Opportunities and Health and Safety.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of working in an operational management role in a leisure setting
- Knowledge, experience & qualifications in relation to HSW, MHSWR, COSHH, RIDDOR and PSOP
- Strong organisational skills
- Experience of budget forecasting and management
- Experience of data collection and monitoring
- Experience of effective staff management
- Experience of effective customer service management
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative
- Good team working skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including an ability to communicate with people from diverse backgrounds
- Good IT skills
Circumstances, Commitment and Personal Qualities
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends as appropriate
- Support for the aims of Zest
- Commitment to equality of opportunity
- Degree or other relevant qualification in relevant field
- Other relevant qualifications e.g. leadership and management.
- Experience of working in a community setting
We offer 25 days holiday rising to 30 pro-rata, plus statutory days, a pension scheme and other benefits, including subsidised gym/pool membership.
Please download the job description and person specification from here and use these documents when applying. All applications must be on a Zest application form. (Please note CVs will not be accepted) Completed application forms must be returned to HR@zestcommunity.co.uk or posted to Zest, 18 Upperthorpe, Sheffield S6 3NA
For an informal chat about the role please e-mail email@example.com to arrange a call back.
Closing date: Friday 23rd April 2021 at 5.00pm
Interviews will take place on Thursday 29th April 2021, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ZEST is working towards best-practice in equality of opportunity.