PfA Network Event: East & West Midlands and Yorkshire & Humber
(22nd June 2021,10am-1pm)
*** Please be aware that spaces are limited; we will confirm if you have been allocated a place. ***
This session is for all partners working across education, health and social care from the East and West Midlands and Yorkshire & Humberside to explore how to support people with additional needs into employment.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The online session is for everyone involved in working with children and young people with additional needs and supporting them into employment including family members.
WHAT WILL THE SESSION COVER?
The session will inform and provide clarity on the best approaches to supporting individuals with additional needs to: secure paid employment; raise aspirations and achieve social and economic inclusion. It will include speakers, presentations, and interactive group discussions.
There will be an opportunity to explore:
– Relevant national policy and initiatives.
– The importance of planning for employment from much earlier and development of pathways into employment
– The best approaches to support individuals into employment
– The importance of developing relationships with a range of employers to support work experience, internships, apprenticeships and paid work.
Discussion will include:
– The role of the job coach
– The skills needed
– Supporting quality
– The key partners
– Using vocational profiles