- Location: Sheffield – Sheffield Foyer
- Department: Independent Living
- Division: Independent Living
- Vacancy Type: Permanent
- Closing Date:28 July 2021
- Recruitment Advisor: Support Officer
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Support Officer to join our Foyer team in Sheffield on a permanent basis.
The Foyer provides a safe setting for 60 young people aged 16 – 25 to work towards living independently. In this role you will use an Advantaged Thinking approach to empower and support young people. You will offer high levels of support in independent living skills and optimise opportunities to access work and training – giving young people the best possible opportunities to thrive and increase their life chances.
Part of the role of our employment & training officer post will be to support residents to find paid employment, training & education.
What we’re looking for
Our customers are important to us and that’s why we look for people who are truly passionate about working for an organisation that makes a difference in the lives of our customers and promotes their independence. In addition to this you must be able to demonstrate:
- A sensitive and supportive approach to vulnerable people maintaining their self-respect at all times.
- Good level of interpersonal skills
- Experience of working with young people
- Experience of working with third party employers & training providers
- Experience of engaging and motivating people
- Knowledge of organisations providing services to young people
- Experience of dealing with disengagement and challenging behaviour.
- Good multi-tasking and organisational abilities
- Educated to a higher level – (i.e. recognised Career Advice qualification or relevant qualification)
Guinness Care and the Sheffield Foyer embraces Diversity and Equal Opportunity in a proactive way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds and skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better we become. We strive to make a workplace as diverse as our client group, where people are free to be themselves and are appreciated for their individual talents.
We welcome applications from all backgrounds and from people who have those special attributes that make us different.
For an informal conversation about the post or if you have any questions please contact Sam Mobbs, Sheffield Foyer Manager, on 0114 289 5615 or e-mail on email@example.com. Arrangements can also be made for you to visit the Foyer to get a bigger picture.
If you’re interested in joining us and would like to apply for this role, please review the role profile to view all the key responsibilities and ensure you meet the essential criteria.Documents