Category – Managerial
Organisation – Voluntary Action Sheffield
As a result of this programme, we aim for:
• Fewer children and young people drawn into exploitation, gang/criminal behaviour and the criminal justice system
• A more confident and skilled community workforce, including a future focused new talent pipeline
• More resilient communities, with families and local workers well equipped and working closely together to increase the resilience of children and young people
• Effective partnership working across the public and VCF sector
The Programme Co-ordinator role purpose is to:
• Ensure effective governance, quality, robust contract and financial management and monitoring of the programme.
• Build effective partner relationships and collaborative working practices that are sustainable beyond the life of the programme.
• Lead on programme communications
• Represent VAS externally, within and outside of the voluntary sector in the city, ensuring that VAS, the SY-NC Programme and the sector has a visible presence and influence in addressing the needs of children, young people, families and communities.
• Report to the VAS Board and Trustee sub-group for SY-NC Programme Scrutiny
• Develop delivery agreements with organisations hosting the area teams
• Implement and manage the programme plan, including good governance, risk management, financial and programme monitoring
• Implement a robust financial accounting system and verify host organisation financial information, including management of the Empowerment Fund.
• Provide programme Steering Group secretariat, including membership, terms of reference at inception and supporting meetings.
• Active risk management including compiling Risk Register with rated risks, risk owners, risk mitigation measures and ongoing risk review.
• Develop programme policy and procedure, supporting area team host organisations with implementation of due diligence requirements.
• Maintain relationships with partners, funders and related service providers, keeping abreast of relevant developments locally and nationally.
• Manage programme communications internally and externally.
• Supervise Programme Administrator.
• Working within and promoting the policies and procedures laid down by VAS, especially adherence to VAS data protection policy and adherence to our privacy statement.
• Promoting the organisation’s Equal Opportunity and Diversity policies and practices in all aspects of service delivery.
• Working to and promoting the values of Voluntary Action Sheffield.
• Promoting the work of Voluntary Action Sheffield to partners and external organisations
• Any other reasonable tasks as required by your Line Manager.
This is not a final and complete statement of the duties attached to this post, which may be amended with agreement from time to time in accordance with the changing needs of VAS.
Location – Sheffield
Salary – £28,050 (pro rata)
Type of Contract – Part Time
Hours – 28 hours per week
Pension: VAS pension scheme with 6% employer contribution and compulsory employee contribution subject to Auto-enrolment requirements
Holidays: 25 days’ annual leave in addition to 11 statutory and additional holidays, pro rata for part-time staff
Hybrid/flexible working arrangements
Closing Date – 20-10-2021
How to Apply
For an application pack email firstname.lastname@example.org closing date 20 October 12:00 noon