There are spaces available to enrol in February at Sheffield Uniformed Services and Fitness Academy on the following Learning Curve Group courses:
Diploma in Pre-Unformed Services Level 1
Diploma in Pre-Unformed Services Level 2
Certificate in Sports Level 1
Functional Skills Maths Level 1 & 2
Functional Skills English Level 1 & 2
PRE-UNIFORMED SERVICE COURSES
- Courses are designed to prepare students for a career with the Royal Navy, Royal Air Force, Armed Forces, Police Force, Fire Services, or Prison Office.
- All Academies are based within Army Reserve Centres – Students are surrounded by Military Personnel to get used to an environment in the Public Services
- All Tutors are from a former Military background – they have all the knowledge and experience to advise the Learners
- Daily fitness training sessions with weekly targets – Prepares the Learners to pass Military fitness entry requirements
- Coursework based assessments with majority of lessons being activity based
- Modules include fieldcraft, physical fitness, first-aid, map reading, adventure training, discipline, British values, health and safety, drill and military routine.
- Trips embedded into the course; Overnight camping including Adventure Training, Educational Day Trips to Museums and Memorials, Hiking Expeditions to practice map reading and navigational skills.
- Each week a duty student will lead the daily routine along with Staff
- Each month a Learner of the Month is nominated and will win a prize
- No cost to the Learner – Free to enrol
- Age Eligibility: 16-18 or 19-25
- All our courses are fully funded and classed as full-time education.
- Attendance is required Monday-Thursday, 8:45am-3:30pm
- 28 Week Programmes (6 months)
- Bursaries Available for 16-18s.
- LCG can cover 50% of travel costs for Learners
- Learners’ complete modules in employability skills through our Online Learning Platform, ICurve.
- Full Uniform is provided and inspected daily
For any further information please don’t hesitate to get in contact! We are also on social media if you wanted to see what our Academies get up to each day;