iWritten by Melissa Simmonds, Adult Autism Project Coordinator, Voluntary Action Sheffield
I hope you have had a pleasant Christmas season and a good start to the New Year.
- SAPN’s Zoom link has been updated to https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82880807658?pwd=UnVNdi9KL21aUDFGVWk2V2RRa2lBZz09. We will continue to hold meetings on the last Tuesday of the month at 10:30am. We will continue to record and distribute the session
- This month we will be discussing SAPN’s draft survey. The purpose of this survey is to identify gaps in the availability of services for autistic people in Sheffield. We will be asking for volunteers to fill out and give feedback on it
- We will look at the initial mock-up of SAPN’s website, our central point of access for the network. We will be asking for volunteers to support us in developing content.
- Our newest member ‘Inclusive LGBTQ+ cafe’, was created with the help of a SAPN grant. This is aimed at Autistic adults, adults with a learning disability and other neurodiversities/disabilities who are also members of the LGBTQ+ community. Please share this information with your contacts.
- Ben’s Centre is starting a new venture on The Moor, called Ben’s Bazaar. The will have an information hub that will hold details of charities and support services for the people of Sheffield and will be a free of charge service for both service users and organisations who wish to “advertise” with them. see attached for further explanation.
- The monthly meeting, ‘Safe Spaces for Black & Brown Parents’ will take place on Wednesday evening, 7-9pm, via zoom. Please share the flyer with your contacts.
- The final draft of the Adult Social Care Strategy – Living the life you want to live 2021-2030, is now available for further comments. The consultation will close on 13 February 2022. Please could you share this with any individuals, groups and networks who may be interested. https://sheffield.citizenspace.com/people-adults/adult-social-care-strategy-2021-2030
- The latest update for the Learning Disability and Autism Forum. It tells you about the work of NHS England and NHS Improvement and ways you can get involved. They write this update in plain English and they tell you about more accessible resources like the easy read newsletter and videos.
We look forward to seeing you at our next SAPN meeting, on Tuesday 25 January, at 10:30am. To join our Zoom meeting, please remember to use our new link
Adult Autism Project Coordinator, Voluntary Action Sheffield