Business in the Community’s (BITC) job coaching programme aims to support unemployed jobseekers through a series of one-to-one coaching sessions with the active involvement of businesses across the UK.
BITC’s ambition is to support 10,000 people to get ready for new jobs and to create more inclusive recruitment practices across the UK.
The team claim to offer jobseekers a volunteer coach from one of their member businesses to support them to improve their skills, wellbeing and access employment opportunities. The coaches are trained volunteers who choose to support jobseekers.
Businesses may benefit as they are helping to create change both internally and externally to their organisation.
Who will the programme help?
The programme is designed for jobseekers who would benefit from working one-to-one with a volunteer coach to build their skills, enhance their wellbeing and improve their chances of progressing into employment.
Eligible candidates must:
- be aged 18+
- be unemployed and ready for work
- speak good conversational English (level 1)
- have access to an email address and a phone.
How does it work?
- Your client jobseeker will be offered the choice of one of three coaches to provide them with one-to-one support
- Jobseekers meet with their coaches virtually for six lots of 60-90 minute sessions over four to six months
- Coaches aim to help them with skills, confidence and employment opportunities while also enhancing their own skills and wellbeing
- BITC claims to provide continued guidance and support throughout the programme.
For further information and to find out how to refer jobseekers you are working with, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.