Opportunity Sheffield – the employment and skills service within Sheffield City Council – and Jobcentre Plus are organising a series of locality-based jobs fairs for unemployed residents of Sheffield.
The focus is on connecting unemployed residents of Sheffield with employers who have accessible, entry-level job opportunities.
Jobseekers are invited to attend the fair, meet employers who have vacancies, discuss the opportunities available and apply for roles.
The series of fairs started in February 2022. To date we have held events at St Mary’s Church, Bramall Lane (February 22), Terry Wright Community Hall in Gleadless Valley (April 12) and English Institute of Sport in Attercliffe (May 11).
Details on our upcoming Sheffield’s Working jobs fairs are included below:
The jobs fairs are being organised to:
- Inspire unemployed people to actively look for work and increase accessibility to the labour market
- Help lower Sheffield’s unemployment rate and reduce reliance on benefits, including Universal Credit
- Increase awareness of local, community-based employment support and engage with disadvantaged people who need additional support (e.g. 1:1 keyworker activity)
- Support local employers in accessing staff, at a time when the jobs market has plenty of vacancies, many of which are proving difficult to fill
- Foster economic growth and support Sheffield’s economic recovery from the coronavirus pandemic
- Jobseekers (predominantly those who are unemployed)
- Unemployed people who are seeking pre-entry employment support (keyworker activity), training provision, information, advice & guidance etc
- Local / regional / national employers who are looking to recruit staff in Sheffield
If you would like more details on our series of Sheffield’s Working Jobs Fairs, please contact Sarah Higgins.
Project Officer (Sector Routeways), Opportunity Sheffield, Sheffield City Council
0114 474 3304 / 07776549664