Category: Development & Support
Organisation: Voluntary Action Sheffield
This role will offer core support for the recruitment, interview and induction stages, building capacity for host organisations so they can safely include and support volunteers and work to engage underrepresented prospective volunteers.
● Good practice volunteering advice and support to partners
● Develop high quality creative volunteer roles with partners
● Manage volunteer applications, interviews and selection
● Promote creative volunteering roles and the benefits of volunteering
● Support reaching out and recruitment in underrepresented communities in Sheffield
● Develop buddying scheme for new volunteers matching them with established role models within the community.
Good practice volunteering advice and support to partners
1. Lead on the volunteering good practice support to creative and community organisations in the partnership, working closely with VAS VCS Support manager and Ignite Imaginations.
2. Support organisations to review or develop their volunteering processes to ensure that they can provide a safe and supported environment for project volunteers, including ongoing supervision.
Develop high quality project volunteer roles with partners
1. Work with partners to:
o Develop and agree core creative volunteering roles across the project
o Agree key essential skills for each role,
o Support core induction training and development opportunities that Ignite Imaginations will be offering all volunteers during the programme.
2. Ensure a mix of ad hoc, micro, short term roles as well as roles with a development and progression pathways for volunteers wanting to develop skills to work in the creative sector.
3. Support partners to develop inclusive roles, to diversify volunteers and to create roles for people new to volunteering.
4. Develop Buddy volunteer roles to support the training and confidence building needed to make volunteering inclusive
Manage volunteer applications, interviews and selection
5. To provide a first point of contact to individuals enquiring about volunteering, on the Sheffield Community Makers project.
6. To recruit, interview and select volunteers for the project
7. To promote training and networking opportunities to volunteers managed by Ignite Imaginations
8. To maintain and update the opportunities in the city and promote to the creative volunteers
9. Broker the opportunities between volunteers and host organisations
10. Match new volunteers to buddies to support them in their first steps in volunteering
11. To recruit, train and manage volunteers to support this role in the promotion of the project and the processing of volunteer enquiries and applications.
Promote volunteering roles and the benefits of volunteering
12. Promote the Sheffield Community Makers volunteering roles through the Volunteer Centre networks and targeted groups to ensure underrepresented communities are aware of the roles and invited to volunteer.
13. Promote the Sheffield Community Makers project through social media and networks, in partnership with Ignite Imaginations to highlight the benefits of volunteering and the impact that the partners and volunteers are having.
14. To ensure that all services are properly monitored and evaluated for internal and external reporting; including that data is recorded accurately and regularly and quality assured in accordance with VAS policies and procedures and quality systems.
Type of Contract: Contract
- Leave: 25 days’ annual leave in addition to 11 statutory and additional holidays (pro rata for part-time staff).
- Pension: VAS pension scheme with 6% employer contribution and compulsory employee contribution subject to Auto-enrolment requirements Agile working is in place in VAS subject to requirements of role and service delivery.
- Employee Assistance Scheme
Closing Date: 20-06-2022
How to Apply
Email email@example.com for an application pack Pre-application Job information session Thursday 16th 4-6pm: Location: – zoom virtual meeting or in person at The Circle. Paul Harvey, Head of Volunteering at VAS will give an introduction to the Community Maker project and an overview of the role. Katy Pugh from the New Beginnings Refugee project will give guidance on how to complete the application form, particularly the personal statement and how this is scored. Places are limited. To book a place in person email firstname.lastname@example.org