Salary: £23,613 per annum
Employment Type: Permanent Position
Contract Hours: Full time/Part time
DBS Required? Yes
ECU Payable? Yes
Closing Date: 04/07/2022
- What makes a good Employment Specialist
- Working in IPS – FAQs
- Employment Specialist – Job Description & Person Specification
Permanent – Full Time/Part Time
SYHA has secured funding to deliver various supported employment programmes funded by the National Lottery Community Fund and European Social Fund. Employment Programs across the region with one main aim “Place then Train”. All our programs are based on individual placement support that has shown to be twice as effective as traditional approaches.
These programs will involve working in an integrated way with health and employment partners, including GPs, social prescribing, IAPT and Musculoskeletal services, physios and pain clinics and employers. Also, local Housing Associations and other Community Organisations and Trusts as well as local JCP sites. The role of an Employment Specialist is incredibly dynamic and diverse. One moment you’ll be working closely with IPS clients to set goals, refining their CVs, or practising interview techniques. The next, you’ll be out in the local community approaching potential employers and discussing roles and job flexibility.
Can you empower someone to make positive long-term changes to their lives?
We have an exciting opportunity for individuals to join our Good Work Team as community based Employment Specialists. You will provide individual support to customers faced with barriers into employment, using a strength based approach to gain sustainable paid work. You will feel comfortable working from a base within the South Yorkshire and Bassetlaw area, and across different projects in a fast paced environment. We get to work quickly, and you will too.
For our perfect candidate we are offering a flexible role, working in a caring and friendly team, with a great package of benefits. If you want to make a difference, we would love to hear from you.
- Starting Salary: £23,613 (plus Essential Car User allowance of £94.36 per month plus mileage expenses dependant on holding a full driving license and access to a vehicle)
- Working hours: Full and part time hours. Flexible working which can include evenings and weekends depending on needs of customers.
- Generous holiday entitlement – 27 days annual leave, statutory bank holidays plus an additional 4 SYHA days.
- Pension contribution
- Excellent Flexible working options including Flexi Time, Condensed Hours, Part Time and job share.
- Excellent benefits including:
- SYHA Rewards – employee discount scheme, which offers cash back and shopping discounts. Plus advice and resources on healthy eating, financial wellbeing, exercise and mastering your mental health
- Westfield Health (employer paid)
- Discounted Gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to a wide range of programmes to train and develop you including access to the Institute of Employability Professionals.
More about the role:
We’re proud to have zero-exclusion criteria so our customers come from all walks of life. The Employment Specialist will undertake rapid job search with customers, developing links within the community to source individualised employment opportunities for customers. They will coach customers in important work skills and provide up to 13 weeks of in-work and in-learning support to sustain outcomes. You will:
- Use strengths-based coaching with customers with health conditions and any other barriers into work to enable them to secure and sustain employment
- Build relationships with employers to understand their recruitment needs in order to source individualised employment opportunities for our customers
- Work with employers to support their employees who are struggling due to their condition to thrive in the workplace
- Work with health partners to provide an integrated, holistic employment service
- Coach customers in important work skills and provide up to 13 weeks of in-work support to sustain outcomes
- Motivate customers, to ensure continual engagement and to ensure that customers are equipped with the necessary skills and knowledge to move into sustainable employment
Who you are:
We are looking for people who enjoy working and interacting in the community, who can communicate effectively with a wide range of people including harder to reach groups. Our successful candidate will meet the criteria below:
- Be committed to equality and diversity
- Be able to support customers in a strength based, solution focused way.
- Experienced in managing difficult situations/problem solving is essential
- Ability to adjust plans depending on customer needs is also essential
- You will need to have excellent IT skills (Microsoft Office/Office 365 and Customer Databases) and be able to record information accurately.
- Have a strong proven background in Coaching and Motivational Interviewing to achieve our ambitious outcome targets.
- Must be passionate about customer service and tailoring it to customer individual needs, to perform well and have a positive impact on our programs.
- Hold a full valid driving license and access to a vehicle for work is desirable
Who we are:
At South Yorkshire Housing Association, our purpose is for our customers to settle at home, live well and realise their potential.
Feeling settled and living well means different things to the people and families that live across South Yorkshire. So, we work with people in different ways – from our extra-care housing, to providing services and opportunities that individuals can access in their home, workplace and community, to creating houses for affordable rent.
Our employees enable us to create the best services, support, and experiences for our customers. We believe that difference makes us better, and that our services are made stronger by having a diverse workforce. We encourage and welcome applications from all backgrounds.
Please note that we may remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. Please apply at your earliest convenience.
For the purposes of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 this is an excluded job.
Online information sessions for the Employment Specialist job vacancies are taking place on Tuesday 21st June at 9am, 12pm and 4pm. If you’d like to find out more about the job role and meet members of the team, please register to attend one of the sessions by clicking on the link below.
For an Informal Discussion Contact: Katie Goddard, Work and Wellbeing Manager on 07464 497851
Closing Date: Midnight on 4th July 2022. Early applications are encouraged.
Interview Date: 14th/15th July 2022