IEP are delighted to announce that, following our successful application, we have been approved as a Disability Confident Committed Employer.
As a Disability Confident Committed Employer, we have committed to:
• ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible.
• communicating and promoting vacancies.
• offering an interview to disabled people who meet the minimum criteria for the job.
• anticipating and providing reasonable adjustments as required.
• supporting any existing employee who acquires a disability or long-term health. condition, enabling them to stay in work.
• at least one activity that will make a difference for disabled people.
Scott Parkin FIEP, IEP Chief Executive said
“We are proud to now be able to display our Disability Confident Committed badge to evidence that we are serious about equal opportunities for disabled people and to help to positively change attitudes, behaviours and cultures.
The Disability Confident Scheme is all about encouraging employers to think different about disability and take action to improve how they recruit, retain, and develop disabled people.
Employability professionals do wonderful work every day to help disabled people into sustainable employment and at the IEP we are passionate about ensuring they are well trained and supported to do this effectively through our Level 2, Level 3 and Level 4 Accredited Training Programmes as well as our dedicated Understanding Neurodiversity module, developed in association with Genius Within.
Becoming a Disability Confident Committed Employer is the first step in our journey to become a Disability Confident Employer and we are keen to champion this important scheme and encourage other employers to sign up too.”Scott Parkin, IEP Chief Executive
Find out more about the Disability Confident Scheme here