|Expiry date:||18:30, Wed, 7th Sep 2022|
|Salary:||£25,000 Per Annum|
|Benefits:||Pension scheme, generous holidays, free car parking at our Sheffield site, discounts at Meadowhall|
|Duration:||2 years Fixed term with the expectation that the role will become permanent|
- Establishing an ongoing community presence for the Source as a provider in local communities as agreed with line management through participation in local network meetings, assumption of community and school roles and all other appropriate activity
- Providing specific ‘Information, Advice and Guidance’ (IAG) to job seekers, referring to bespoke support and projects where identified suitable to do so.
- Creating links with community and partner organisations to draw in young people reporting barriers around mental health.
- Carry a case load of young people reporting mental health barriers to employment and design a programme of support to ‘Coach’ these young people toward positive progression to further study, apprenticeships and/or employment.
- Work alongside The Sources ‘Apprenticeship Team’ to support recruitment of engaged young people toward suitable vacancies and placements.
- To actively promote the Source’s full range of provision for local communities, school leavers and employers as appropriate.
- To participate and support in any specific community-based delivery projects to ensure the success.
- To deliver information, and guidance against a range of provision and support, making informed and objective decisions based impartially upon learner needs and aspirations.
- To undertake risk assessments and monitoring visits of potential community venues for delivery.
- To establish and sustain links with local community groups, JCP and local partners in agreed specific regions.
- To support in organising and facilitating the assessment, taster and community sessions in support of all community delivery.
- To produce reports on engagement with local community on a periodic basis to inform assessment of work effectiveness and inform organisational planning considerations.
Identify and gather opportunity marketing and publicity to support in the active promotion of the Source as a provider of high quality education and training.
- Any other duties, commensurate with the grade of the post
- GSCE grade 4+ or equivalent in Maths, English and IT
- IAG L2 qualification of higher
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to plan and work to tight deadlines
- Consistently high standard of professionalism in conduct, acting as a representative of the organisation at all times
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Be able to manage time and conflicting priorities
- A good level of administration and IT skills
- The ability to provide objective and impartial IAG
- Proven ability to liaise with partners and stakeholders
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- A proven commitment to equality
- Experience of operating in external roles with the community / and or voluntary sector
- Experience of working successfully within the Education sector
- Experience of conducting IAG in an objective and impartial manner supporting in guidance of learners