Written by Phoebe Dunn, IAG Officer, Lifeskills
My name is Phoebe, and I am the IAG Officer here at Lifeskills in Rotherham.
We work with young people aged 16-18 providing traineeships that lead on to apprenticeships or employment. Although we are based in Rotherham, we find placements for learners that are local to wherever they live. The programme is 10-weeks long with the learner completing 3 days with the employer and 1 day here at the centre to work on their Maths, English and Employability skills.
If you work with any young people aged 16-18 that maybe need a little bit of support, are not quite apprenticeship/work ready or need support with their Maths and English then we can help.
We understand how busy you are, so here is some information about us that you can look at when you have the time. Please find below a brief description of the courses we offer, if you would like any further information or material such as flyers, we can arrange to post these.
We can attend different careers fairs and sessions. If this is of any interest and benefit to you and the students, please let me know so we can arrange this.
What we offer are:
- Combines education and training with work experience and is focused on giving young people the skills and experience that employers are looking for.
- Traineeships are very flexible, and LifeSkills work closely with you the employer to deliver programmes which suit both the needs of your business and those of the learner.
- 10-week work experience-based programme.
- 90% of our learner’s progress into full time work or an apprenticeship after completing a traineeship with us.
- Weekly Bursary / Attendance bonus
- Travel re-imbursed
If you would like any further information, please don’t hesitate to contact me on 01709 828586 or email@example.com