Opportunity Sheffield’s first Sheffield’s Working community job fair of 2023 will be held in Gleadless Valley on Tuesday 24 January 2023.
Local and national employers will be attending including Vodaphone, NHS, Home Office, and Greencore.
The event will take place at:
Terry Wright Community Hall, 569 Gleadless Rd, Sheffield, S2 2BT
Open to the public between 10-12 noon on Tuesday 24 January
About our jobs fairs
Opportunity Sheffield – the employment and skills service within Sheffield City Council – and Jobcentre Plus have organised a series of locality-based jobs fairs for the residents of Sheffield.
Jobseekers are invited to attend the fair. The focus is on connecting residents of Sheffield with employers who have accessible job vacancies and providers who can offer support into work, CV writing, and interview clothing etc.
The jobs fairs are being organised to:
- Inspire unemployed people to actively look for work and increase accessibility to the labour market
- Help lower Sheffield’s unemployment rate and reduce reliance on benefits, including Universal Credit
- Increase awareness of local, community-based employment.
- support and engage with disadvantaged people who need additional support (e.g., 1:1 keyworker activity)
- Support local employers in accessing staff, at a time when the jobs market has plenty of vacancies, many of which are proving difficult to fill
- Foster economic growth and support Sheffield’s economic recovery from the coronavirus pandemic
Please feel free to make contact should you require further information email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org