After running pilot projects in 2018, Grow UK is now seeking referrals for its 2019 employability programmes, which launch in the coming weeks.
The Sheffield-based charity specialises in working with young people who have some barriers to employment and need support in building confidence and taking the next step.
Taster sessions are being run on Wednesday 30th January and Friday 1st February at 2pm (at the Print House, 21-23 North Curch Street, Sheffield, S1 2DH) to allow potential attendees to find out more about the programme and put their nerves at ease.
Who is the programme for?
- 16 – 24 year olds who are unemployed or under-employed.
What does the programme include?
- Grow UK covers CV-writing, interview skills and supports job applications but is primarily focused on the soft skills that are essential ingredients to thriving at work
- The programme includes group coaching, 1:1s and work-experience
- Work experience within a city farm (so quite physical)
The practical details
- 2-4pm every Monday, Wednesday and Friday afternoon for 8 weeks
- Location – The Print House, 21-23 North Curch Street, Sheffield, S1 2DH (behind the Cathedral). Committed follow-on support is included
Spring Programme – starts Monday 4th February 2019
*TASTER SESSIONS on the 30th of Jan and 1st of Feb at 2pm at the Print House
(helpful for any young people who are particularly nervous about attending)
Summer Programme – starts Monday 29th April 2019
Autumn Programme – starts Monday 30th September 2019
How to refer
If you have any questions or would like to discuss a young person, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.