The Prince’s Trust is to run a week-long ‘Get Started with Games Design’ programme with RAW Digital Training in February 2019.
The programme, which is available to 16-25-year-olds living in and around South Yorkshire who are currently not in employment, education or training, offers an opportunity to explore games design and the creative digital industry.
The course is being hosted at The Showroom & Workstation in central Sheffield, opposite the train station.
What does the course offer?
- Work with experts in the Games Design industry
- Find out how computer games are designed and built
- Work with others to build a game including artwork, characters and sounds
- Use game design principles as part of a team to plan and make a game
- Present your game to a wider audience
- Lunch & travel provided!
- Meet new people and improve your communication and teamwork
- Up to three months optional mentoring support – young people are offered further support, including employability days, to move towards desired goals
Dates for the programme
Taster Day: Wednesday 20th February 2019 (1:00–3:00pm)
Programme Dates: Monday 25th February – Friday 1st March 2019
To make a referral please use the following options:
Fill in The Prince’s Trust online referral form
(Please also include your own details so that feedback can be provided)
Or the young person can text ‘Call Me’ to 07983 385418 (Please note this is a Text Phone Only). Alternatively they can contact The Prince’s Trust on 0800 842 842
If you are referring a young person with any current or previous offences, it is mandatory that the referral form is completed (preferably by their Offending Manager) and returned to Ian Eccles (please see contact details below). It is important to note that a criminal record will not necessarily prevent them from taking part.
To view the course flyer, click here
If you have any questions or to check a young person’s suitability, please contact Ian Eccles:
Email: email@example.com Tel: 0113 236 8399 Mob: 07484 507 524