The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) is to stage an event for single parents and women looking to return to the workplace.
The event will take place between 11:00am and 1:30pm on Wednesday 6th February at Bailey Court Jobcentre, 112 West Street, Sheffield, S1 3SY.
Attendees are welcome to bring preschool children to the event, which will feature guest speakers talking about their positive experiences in the workplace.
Organisations attending include:
- The Sheffield City Council Childcare Planning Team, to advise on free early education and funding for parents to access employment and training
- The Sheffield College, which runs the Elevate course specifically for single parents
- National Careers Service, to offer careers advice, CV preparation, interview tips and more
- Multi Agency Support Team (MAST) on local services to provide extra help for families
- Jobcentre Plus, to advise on work experience opportunities
- Local employers who have variety of roles and hours available – NHS, Aviva, Sheffield Wednesday FC and Sheffield City Council. While all these employers have current vacancies, this is more of a good opportunity to have a chat about what their roles involve, the workplace culture, the application process and policies in place to accommodate single parents to encourage those attending to possibly consider these roles in the future and to think about what type of training and/or experience they might need first.
Please call Jackie Last on 0114 2590578 or Mark Cahill on 0114 2033187 to book a place.