Job title: Apprenticeship Trainer / IQA for a range of programmes to include: business admin, customer service, team leading, management and functional skills.
Responsible to: Apprenticeship Manager
Location: Sheffield, S9 1GD
Purpose of job
To plan, prepare, teach and support a caseload of learners across a range of apprenticeship standards incorporating functional skills maths, & English, whilst coaching and developing them through the gateway for end point assessment.
To take an active role within the quality team to IQA a caseload of learners, both electronic and paper based providing trainer support and guidance.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Plan and deliver innovative teaching and learning sessions including functional skills Level 1 and level 2 to a caseload of apprentices across a variety of programmes.
- To prepare individual learning plans and teaching and learning materials taking into account differing learner needs.
- Carry out the learner aspect of apprenticeship sign ups onto programme ensuring accurate completion of initial assessment and paperwork.
- Induct learners onto the programme, explaining content, quality assurance and wider learning opportunities.
- Accurate and timely completion of all relevant documentation and records relating to learners training, progress and achievement including; Learner Reviews, Individual Learning Plans, Attendance Records, Action plans/feedback, and Any other contractual paperwork
- To deliver high quality and innovative teaching and learning sessions either group or 121, that engage with apprentices and meet their individual learning needs.
- Provide rigorous assessment and effective feedback to learners via robust marking of learners work and structured verbal and written feedback showing what the learners needs to do to improve and ensuring stretch and challenge is promoted.
- Inspire, motivate and raise aspirations of your learners through enthusiasm and knowledge, which ensure good attendance and engages the learner in their programme.
- Utilise Onefile electronic portfolio for learning visits and assessment.
- Liaise with employers to ensure the needs of all parties are met and the learner and employer are supported through the gateway to end point assessment.
- IQA a caseload of learners through One file electronic portfolio and paper based, to ensure requirements of awarding organisations are met, and learners receive a high quality learner journey.
- To ensure contractual targets (retention, progression and achievement of all learners) and internal company targets are achieved and that awarding body / end point assessment organisations requirements are adhered at all times.
- Provide on-going information, advice and guidance
- Develop the learners knowledge of safeguarding, British values, awareness of prevent, equality and diversity and health and safety throughout the programme
- Support and maintain the quality assurance process for assessment, training and verification purposes, in line with Portland Training’s policies and all related Awarding Body procedures and guidelines
- Committed to continuous improvement – personal and organisational
- Increase the portfolio of the company by assisting in the marketing of all areas of the business
- Promote equal opportunities and recognition of diversity throughout the company
- Adhere to Portland Training’s policies and procedures at all times
- May occasionally be required to work out of normal hours
- Carry out any additional duties as reasonably requested by line management
- Hold a recognised teaching qualification DTTLS/Cert Ed or equivalent
- Hold a recognised assessing qualification D32, A1, TAQA, CAVA or equivalent
- GCSE Grade C English and Maths or FS Level 2
- Hold Level 3 or higher in relevant vocational subject area.
- Confidence using an electronic portfolio is essential, but training for Onefile will be given.
- Be able to evidence substantial experience and competency in subject areas to be delivered.
- Experience delivering on apprenticeship standards and functional skills.
- Experience of roll on roll off delivery desirable
- The ability to plan and deliver innovative and motivational sessions with a clear focus on the needs of the individual learner
- An understanding of different learning styles and how to differentiate through various teaching methods.
- Ability to motivate self and learners
- Ability to prioritise workloads
- Ability to use initiative and be flexible in approach
- Contribute and work well as part of a team
- Internal Quality assurance qualification and experience quality assuring apprenticeship programmes and other classroom delivery.
- The salary is £28-30k per annum
- Hours are 9am-5pm Monday to Friday
- Office based with expected travel across Yorkshire
- Immediate start available
- Apply initially by sending a CV to Victoria Sendall email@example.com