Salary: starting rate of £9.38 – £14 per hour dependent on experience
Job Type: fixed term contract until March 2021 with opportunity to extend
Bluetree Group is seeking self-motivated Machine Operators with a positive attitude to join its growing Production Department. This is a fixed term contract until March 2021 with opportunity to extend.
Employees will be running state-of-the art production/finishing machines and will have experience of working in a similar role. Although it would be beneficial, candidates won’t necessarily have previous print or medical manufacturing experience, they just need to be a dependable team player with a can do-attitude; be willing to learn and be flexible in their approach.
Staff will be working on a rotating shift pattern which consists of either;
- 4 x 12-hour shifts per week on a 3-weekly rotating basis (which includes days, nights and some weekend shifts)
- 12-hour shifts on a 4-weekly rotating basis (which includes days, nights and some weekend shifts) – equating to 14 days off each 28-day cycle, including 7 days off in a row once every four weeks
What Essential Skills are required?
- Experience of working in a similar environment as a Machine Operator from any industry (e.g. food production, plastics, textiles, fabrications, CNC, packaging) alternatively you may have a mechanical background which will also be considered.
- Work independently in a busy, active environment and collaborates well with others
- Support your team during busy periods, being flexible and adaptable when needed
- Basic/Good PC skills
- Take health and safety seriously
- As your work environment will be sterile, you’ll need to take workplace hygiene and cleanliness seriously
It would also be advantageous to your application if you had experience of manufacturing printed products and/or medical supplies, although this is not absolutely necessary. There will be opportunities for those who want to progress into Senior Operative or Team Leader roles in the future.
Our combined office and production facilities are located in Wath Upon Deane which is located close to Sheffield, Rotherham, Barnsley and Doncaster. Our state-of-the-art 145,000 square foot facility is just a 15 minute drive from either the M1 or A1M and boasts ample free on-site parking. We’re also located on a major bus route which is just a few minutes away from the train stations of Mexborough, Swinton and Wombwell. Once you walk through our doors, you realise that people are central to all of our operations. It’s a place for curious and ambitious people at heart.
Your safety is paramount, so successful applicants will be invited to attend a short telephone interview followed by a paid assessment day. We do have a small number of face to face interview slots available too if this isn’t suitable.
What’s not to like?
- Weekly pay, paid a week in hand
- Enhanced overtime rate
- Immediate start dates
- Multiple positions available
- Wide range of internal and external training available
- Enrolment into the company pension scheme
- Free on-site parking
- Uniform provided
- Private showers, changing facilities and dedicated locker space
- Comfy kitchen space with lunch making facilities and large screen TVs
- Outdoor picnic benches
Bluetree is a family of over 350 talented individuals who share a passion to build and belong to a world-class business. Originally founded in 1989, we’ve grown from humble beginnings to the UK’s largest online printing and medical supply business. If you thrive in a friendly and fast-paced environment, then we’d love for you to be a part of our story….
- We’re award winning – a Virgin Sunday Times Fast Track 100 Company!
- We’re key – each week we produce and supply millions of medical grade face masks
- We have fun – our colleagues rate their experience with us as 4.7 out of 5 on Glassdoor
- We care about your development – from day one we offer a catalogue of training modules which cover everything from Leadership to Wellbeing
- We’re always investing in technology – to keep ahead of the game we’ve invested millions in our facility over the past few 10 years
Bluetree Group welcomes applications from carers or parents who have taken extended career breaks.
How to apply
Barnsley Council isworking in conjunction with Barnsley Jobcentre to try and support customers into posts within Bluetree. CVs are sifted with the expectation that the customer CV is of good quality and up to date, and that there has been recent work history with less than 3 jobs in past 3 years, and that at least one job has been for more than 1 year (in past 5 year).
If you have a customer with an engineering background but no work history can you please send the CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange for this to be highlighted to the recruitment team. If a normal application is made then the candidate would automatically be removed from the process as they would not meet the sift criteria.
Candidates also need to live within a commutable distance to the office (company state this should be no more than 30 minutes). If you have someone who lives more than 30 minutes away but can travel by car, and is willing to drive then again, please send a CV to me or highlight this fact in the application process.
Please mention that you are aware of this vacancy through correspondence with Barnsley Council