Written by Big Ambitions CIC
At Big Ambitions CIC, we are celebrating this year’s Mental Health Awareness Week 2021 by offering specialist support to improve mental health and overall wellbeing, while reconnecting with nature.
Across the week, as this year’s theme is ‘nature’, were inviting you to take part in small yet effective activities into your daily lives to feel more positive and able to get the most out of life! 😊
Our ‘The Wellbeing Way’ and ‘Healthy Minds 24/7’ are 6-week Interactive personal development courses/training, that include ‘Five ways to wellbeing’ evidence-based actions that anyone can implement in their daily lives to improve overall wellbeing.
These themes are focused around social connections, physical activity, awareness, learning, and giving, we recommend you try:
- Connect- Building new connections will support and enrich you every day, making you feel understood and giving you the opportunity to relate to others. So why not connect with someone new this week? whether that’s with family, friends, a neighbour, or a colleague, each conversation counts.
- Physical Activity – Regular physical activity is known to reduce depression and anxiety across all age groups, why not embrace nature by going for a walk or a run outside?
- Awareness – Become aware of your surroundings, be curious, and explore never seen before areas. Being in a state of mindfulness has been shown to be associated with a positive mental state. So why not sit in the garden and embrace the nature around you?
- Learning – Trying something different, rediscovering an old interest or signing up for that course you’ve always wanted to do can improve our confidence and widen your skillset. Why not learn how to grow a new plant or how to better take care of the environment?
- Giving – Reach out to a loved one and spend time with them, or why not do something nice for a friend, or a stranger. Thank someone. Evidence suggests that ‘giving back’ or helping others promotes wellbeing for all ages.
So, how will you reconnect with nature this week?
Find us on Facebook @BigAmbitionsCIC
Get in touch: 0114 276 0039