Sheffield Uniformed Services Academy is hosting an open day to which it would like to invite any interested young people aged 16-25. Parents, carers and friends are also welcome!
This will take place on Monday 22 November, 10:00am–12:30pm at Manor Top Army Reserves Centre, Hurlfield Road, Sheffield, S12 2AN.
The academy offers free six-month courses to prepare young people for a career in the Military, Police Force, Fire & Rescue Services or the Fitness Industry.
We provide stability, structure and discipline. We work on your confidence, knowledge and fitness levels to prepare you for recruitment.Sheffield Uniformed Services Academy
Meet the Tutors
All staff are former Military and have tutored young people to help their careers for numerous years. They have all the answers to help guide you in your chosen direction, and they have some great stories to listen to!
Meet the students
Hear about their day-to-day activities, what they enjoy most about the course and where they aim to be afterwards. Could this be you, or someone you know?
Explore the facilities
The Academy runs from within an Operational Army Barracks. Take a tour of the facilities including the gyms, classrooms, shower & changing facilities, student kitchen, and the ‘chill out area’ with a pool table! Does this look like somewhere you would like to learn?
- All courses are fully-funded and classed as full-time education
- Attendance is required Monday-Thursday 9am-3:30pm
- Bursaries are available for 16-18s
- 50% of travel costs are covered for learners
- Learners complete modules in employability skills through the online learning platform, ICurve.
- Courses have been rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted and will aim to equip learners with skills not only for a job, but for life
- Enrichment activities and trips are embedded into the curriculum and full uniform is provided.
The Academy looks forward to welcoming its visitors. Parking is available on site and tea and coffee will be provided. If you are interested in attending please let Francesca Veal know via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 07485310526.
The event is also available to register via Facebook.