Sheffield Autism Partnership Network updates

Grant applications

Grants, up to £5620 have been made available via SAPN, from funds received from the Sheffield CCG. These will be issued with the aim to improve the mental and physical health of autistic adults in Sheffield.

Eligibility guidance

The Sheffield Autism Partnership Network has £28,100 to target the Voluntary Community Sector (VCS) working directly with Autistic Adults who live in Sheffield.

To be eligible to apply for and receive funding your group must fit the following criteria:

  • Be a non-profit, third sector, voluntary or community group
  • Be Sheffield-based and meeting the needs of autistic people living in Sheffield (a formal diagnosis is not essential; although we may ask why you felt they are autistic)
  • Have a bank or building society account in the name of the group
  • Have a governing document including a minimum of the group name, aim and membership

If your group has trouble meeting these requirements, or requires help filling in the application, please contact Melissa Simmonds or Teresa Clayton to see if any adaptations can be made.

Email: M.Simmonds@VAS.org.uk or T.Clayton@VAS.org.uk

Example activities

Timescales

The deadline for applications is 5pm on Friday 5 November 2021. Grants will be awarded as soon as possible after the deadline.

At least 75% of the funds must be spent by Tuesday 22 March 2022 and SAPN will require evidence on what the remaining 25% has been spent on by 31 May 2022.

Evidence on what the grants were used for and the impact on the community in Sheffield is required by Tuesday 22 March 2022.

Grant application form

Please download the application form below and return via email (see addresses above) by Tuesday 26 October at 5pm.

If you require further guidance on applications, please download the file below to find information from the South Yorkshire Funding Advice Bureau and how to contact them:

National strategy for autistic people 2021-2026

The national strategy for autistic people for the next five years can be viewed by downloading the file below:

The National Autism strategy was released in July. Sheffield aims to implement a local strategy, so please let SAPN know if you would like to influence any of the priority areas.

Autism research pilot project

Autism Research Project, aimed at Autistic people aged 60+, is interested in improving the ‘quality of fife for older Autistic people’ and would like to recruit Autistic people, aged 60 and over to take part.

SAPN monthly meetings

The quote of the last session comes from Simon Francis, Wellbeing Manager at Depaul UK after being in a 30-minute breakout session with Autism Trainer Blake Williamson:

If you wish to have input in what is discussed at the network meetings, feel free to send your suggestions to Melissa Simmonds.

The next session is Tuesday 26 October, 10:30am-12:30pm. The Session will be recorded and shared as a reasonable adjustment for those who struggle to attend session.