Sheffield City Council will be hosting a Sheffield Poverty Summit via Zoom on Friday 15 October 2:30pm-4:45pm.
Participants will be able to choose their own breakout room during the session.
- Housing and Poverty – facilitated by Shelter
- Health and Poverty – improving people’s health by increasing financial wellbeing
- A guide to Practical support available in the city – introducing the ‘Worrying about Money’ leaflet and accompanying website that is in development
- Poverty and black, Asian and minority ethnic communities
- Poverty and people with disabilities
- Tackling food poverty – building on a recent cross-party Scrutiny working group report
- Inclusive economic recovery – including everyone in the city’s recovery
- Universal Basic Income – exploring radical solutions to poverty with UBI Lab Sheffield
- Welfare and ‘the Council’ – how to make Council Tax Support, Discretionary Housing Payments and other council benefits work for the people of Sheffield.
4:30pm-4:40pm: Reflection and thanks
Register for the event
Secure your place and receive the meeting link by signing up via Eventbrite.
Before attending the summit, please take a few moments to listen to some Sheffielders speak about what it feels like to always struggle for money by clicking here.