SAVTE is recruiting a SPRING PROJECT SUPPORT WORKER – an entry level job for anyone wanting to work in the community, a great progression job opportunity from volunteering!
SPRING is working to address some of the gaps identified in the 2016 Review of Asylum Needs. It brings together six core organisations – Voluntary Action Sheffield (VAS), City of Sanctuary Sheffield (COSS), Citizens Advice Sheffield, Sheffield Association for the Voluntary Teaching of English (SAVTE), Sheffield City Council (through the SCC worker) and the mental health charity SOLACE. Visit SPRING Project HERE
The role is integrated into the SPRING partnership, supporting both SAVTE’s programme administration functions as well as our community development projects. The role will support SPRING clients, who are refugees to access both learning and volunteering. Once service users have achieved status and “moving on support” the Spring Partnership aims to continue supporting their integration through English language support and connecting them into other services and activities that will enable them to grow in confidence, knowledge and skills. The post holder will be key to providing face to face information advice and guidance (signposting), enrolling learners and developing and managing resources and an information database available for all frontline volunteers/staff.
SPRING Project Support Worker.
- Are you looking for an opportunity to support refugees to train, develop and engage in the community?
- Do you have administration skills with an attention to detail, and
- Do you like meeting and supporting people through giving advice and information?
- Are you committed to making a difference in communities, supporting people to become independent and empowered and achieve their goals?
Salary – £20,092 FTE
Hours – 21 per week over 3 or 4 days (Monday to Thursday)
Fixed Term Contract 12 months
We welcome all applications from all backgrounds and are keen to encourage:
- Those with lived experience of the issues of under-represented communities
- People with a multilingual background
- Those who have been ESOL learners.
Closing date for applications is 5pm on 26th November 2021
Interviews will be held on 2nd of December 2021 (at the SAVTE office)
Ideally we would like the post holder to start work on 3rd January 2022