South Yorkshire Fire & Rescue expects to open its wholetime firefighter recruitment window in June 2022.
The service is particularly keen to recruit from groups that are underrepresented in its workforce and would encourage potential candidates to register their interest via: https://syfrrecruitment.com/.
This will ensure prospective candidates are updated when the recruitment process opens and are also made aware of any additional initiatives and support for those identifying as being from an underrepresented group.
To be considered for a Firefighter position, you must:
- be eligible to work in the United Kingdom
- be 18 years of age by the time your training course starts
- live within our service boundary (South Yorkshire)
- have a basic swimming ability and water confidence which will enable you to operate safely in water rescue situations
- be physically fit to meet the requirements of the role and medical examination
- be able to demonstrate reading, writing and numerical skills to meet the role requirements
- You must also be committed to maintaining and developing new skills, and studying on top of your normal working days.
If you are eligible to apply please click here to register your interest with our recruitment team.