Opportunity Sheffield’s Advancing Digital project is inviting people interested in accessing a fully funded Autocad accredited course.
Here are the details of the course, delivered by Sheffield City College:
About the course
Learners will work towards and achieve the City & Guilds accredited Level 2 Award in 2D Computer Aided Design, this will cover the following areas.
• use a CAD station safely
• use key components in 2D CAD software
• create lines and shapes relative to a co-ordinate system
• use text, hatch, and simple dimensioning routines
• modify existing drawings
• output a 2D drawing layout
Learners will be assessed by assignment.
Everyone will have access to hardware and software and will be fully supported by the tutor. The sessions will include theory elements to support a step-by-step guide to practical application in the classroom. Handouts and learning aids will be provided to each participant to aid learning and practical application outside of the classroom environment.
Sept, exact date to be confirmed – 17.30 – 19.30 Sheffield College, City Campus.
- Enrolment forms
- Health and Safety, Safeguarding, Prevent
- College Support – Mental Health, Additional Learner Support etc
- Tour of facilities
- Outline of programme and Q&A session with the tutor – James and/or his team will deliver this.
AutoCAD – Delivery at City Campus
- Tuesdays and Thursdays 17.30 – 20.30
- First session September exact date to be confirmed.
If this is of interest please get in touch asap as funding and spaces are limited so this is on a first come first served basis.