Director of Employment Services
Sheffield, S9 1GD
Purpose of job
To plan, prepare, and teach accredited courses, whilst coaching and developing learners through a programme that will enhance their further education and/or career prospects.
Key duties and responsibilities
· Plan and deliver sessions including PSD/Employability and vocational qualifications
· To prepare and review session plans, schemes of work and teaching and learning materials using initial assessments and marked work to take into account the learners’ individual needs
· Accurate and timely completion of all relevant documentation and records relating to learners’ training, progress and achievement including;
o Learner Reviews
o Individual Learning Plans
o Attendance Records
o Action plans/feedback
o Any other contractual paperwork
· To deliver high-quality and innovative teaching and learning sessions that engage with learners and meet their individual learning needs.
· Provide rigorous assessment and effective feedback to learners via robust marking of learners’ work and structured verbal and written feedback showing what the learners need to do to improve.
· Inspire, motivate and raise aspirations of your learners through enthusiasm and knowledge, which ensure good attendance and engages with learners at all levels.
· Liaising with colleagues to offer learners the best possible progression route for further education, apprenticeships and employment
· To ensure contractual targets (retention, progression and achievement of all learners) and internal company targets are achieved and that awarding body requirements are adhered at all times.
· Provide on-going information, advice and guidance
· Embed safeguarding, British values, awareness of prevent, equality and diversity and health and safety into the learners’ programme
· Provide support and guidance to learners as well as providing more specific support for additional learning needs and additional social needs
· Support and maintain the quality assurance process for assessment, training and verification purposes, in line with Portland Training’s policies and all related Awarding Body procedures and guidelines
· Committed to continuous improvement – personal and organisational
· Increase the portfolio of the company by assisting in the marketing of all areas of the business
· Promote equal opportunities and recognition of diversity throughout the company
· Adhere to Portland Training’s policies and procedures at all times
· May occasionally be required to work out of normal hours
· Carry out any additional duties as reasonably requested by line management
· Hold a recognised teaching qualification DTTLS/Cert Ed or equivalent
· GCSE Grade C English and Maths or FS Level 2
· Experience of roll on roll off delivery
· The ability to plan and deliver innovative and motivational sessions with a clear focus on the needs of the individual learner
· An understanding of different learning styles and how to differentiate through various teaching methods.
· Ability to motivate self and learners
• Ability to prioritise workloads
• Ability to use initiative and be flexible in approach
• Contribute and work well as part of a team
· Some supervisory experience is desirable
Achieve minimum course pass rate of 92%
To achieve minimum 92% acceptance rate on enrolment/initial learning/exit and progress reviews
To achieve minimum 92% retention rate on course
Timely submission of achievers
To secure one good news story per course delivered
All candidates must have access to their own vehicle with business insurance. Travel across the Yorkshire and Midlands region will be expected. Travel expenses are paid monthly.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From £24,000.00 per year