Pathways to Employment Adviser
Yes2Ventures is a well-established, Sheffield based charity that helps people who are disadvantaged in the labour market to lead more fulfilled lives.
It has an employment arm with an excellent track record of working creatively with job seekers and employers to get results; it runs a travel support service that for twelve years has helped vulnerable people get safely where they want to go, and it has now developed a city centre social enterprise that is building capacity to employ, train and empower people across a wide variety of job sectors.
Following a management review, The Yes2Ventures Board sees that the time is right to expand its work to meet increasing social needs in innovative ways.
We wish to recruit a Pathways to Employment Adviser to work in a small supportive team, led by an experienced Employment Support Service Manager/ Occupational Therapist. The Adviser will help people overcome barriers to employment caused by their own circumstances, by the inflexibility of some employers and by society’s attitude towards some health related and social issues. We offer expertise in supporting people who have learning disabilities and people with no defined disability or health condition who struggle to find the right job.
This post is offered on the basis of a 37.5-hour flexible week at a salary of £24,375. There are generous holiday and sick pay arrangements for all staff.
The post will be based at our Neepsend office, but the post holder will also work from our city centre base (The Social, 24/26 Snig Hill, S3 8NB) and from home, where appropriate.
Application is by cv and a letter of response to the job description and person specification – addressed to Mark Powell, Yes2Ventures CEO, Unit 2A, Neepsend House,1 Percy Street, Sheffield S3 8BT. Closing date is Thursday 28thJuly.
1.To find ways of engaging with unemployed Sheffield residents (18+) who are disadvantaged in the labour market and want to find the right job.
2.To try to understand the individual health related, learning or social barriers to work experienced by each person referred to us, and to help overcome them.
3.To build positive relationships with local agencies that support people with learning disabilities, mental health issues and autism.
4.To engage with local employers, Sheffield City Council and the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) to broker appropriate employment opportunities.
Person Specification: successful applicants will –
- demonstrate an understanding of local employment and unemployment issues
- empathise with the challenges faced by disadvantaged people who want to work
- convince us that they have the skills and attitude that will get results
- demonstrate that they are self-starters and can work well without supervision
- be good communicators (verbally and in writing) and excellent administrators
- be organised, disciplined, IT literate and comfortable with modern media
- have a track record of achievement in their field of work
- be flexible, enthusiastic and good to have in a team
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £24,375.00 per year
- Company pension
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
Risk assessments in place, common sense applied.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Sheffield: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Can you demonstrate good local knowledge of Sheffield?
- related: 3 years (required)
Application deadline: 28/07/2022
For more information
Phone: 0114 438 1410 / 07904 586584