Written by FCS Associates
We are looking forward to launching the FCS Charity of the Year 2022/23 Competition!
Would you like to win a cash contribution for your charity? Would you like to access new grant funding streams? Would you benefit from expert grant-writing support?
The FCS Charity of the Year package brings together support worth £3,000 and includes a £250 cash contribution.
Following the success of this initiative in previous years we will be launching the next competition at the FCS Charity Hub on Thursday 3rd November 2022.
Last year the United Women’s Affiliation became our charity of the year. They used the cash donation to update their website and we have been working with them to identify funders and compile grant applications to support the sessions run at the 12 O’Clock Centre. We are delighted they have most recently been successful in securing funding from the Sheffield Town Trust.
‘At FCS we see the challenges many small, local charities face on a daily basis to raise funds and bid for grants to support local people in need. We launched our own initiative which provides us with the opportunity to give something back to the local community and make a real difference.’ Rachel Fletcher, MD FCS Associates.
If you would like to enter your charity in the competition please read the list of criteria below.
The closing date is 12.00pm, Thursday 1st December 2022. The winner will be announced in early January 2023.
LIST OF CRITERIA:
- Charities must be registered with the Charity Commission, be based and embedded in Yorkshire/Derbyshire with direct benefit to Yorkshire/Derbyshire communities and not be a branch or subsidiary of a national charity.
- Charities applying must have an income of less than £500k per year and usually have unrestricted reserves of 6 months or less.
- You must state what you intend to use the cash for.
- You must outline what you would like the grant writing support for i.e. state any specific grants you want FCS to support you with.
Unfortunately, due to the high level of interest we will not be able to provide feedback to unsuccessful applicants on their submission.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Your application must meet our criteria.
- This competition is open to charities who are registered with the Charity Commission, be based and embedded in Yorkshire/Derbyshire with direct benefit to Yorkshire/Derbyshire communities, and not be a branch or subsidiary of a national charity.
- Only one submission per charity.
- The competition closes at 12.00pm, Thursday 1st December 2022. Entries received after this time will not be accepted.
- No responsibility is taken for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason.
- Applicants will be shortlisted and we will arrange to visit your charity on 6th December 2022.
- Following the visits to the shortlisted charities the final decision-making process will take place and if your application is successful you will be notified by email as soon as possible after the which will include terms and conditions for your acceptance.
- The winner of the competition will be announced in January 2023.
- FCS reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this competition with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of FCS in all matters under its control is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.