Foyer Project Worker – (Life & Social Skills)
Location: Sheffield, S2 2JQ
Salary: £21,057 per annum
Contract: permanent, full time, 35 hours
We are looking for a full-time permanent Project Worker (Life & Social Skills) for the Sheffield Foyer, Guinness Care’s young person’s supported accommodation service based in Norfolk Park. The Foyer provides a safe setting for 60 young people aged 16 – 25, who are experiencing homelessness, to work towards living independently. The residents experience a variety of challenges and needs.
As part of the Foyer Team, you will mainly work to deliver the Foyer’s own Move-on Training Programme to the resident population, using a variety of methods to engage with them. You will support them to complete work to accredited NCFE standards. In addition to this you will act as a Lead Support Worker building relationships, increasing confidence and helping them to achieve independence. You will have an energetic, creative, innovative and enthusiastic approach. You will work Monday to Friday, with occasional evening shifts, once or twice a week, offering 1-2-1’s, drop-in’s, training sessions and confidence-building activities.
Main Job Areas
- Deliver the Move-On Training Programme to residents, adapting to their diverse learning needs, creating Learning Support Plans that evidence this;
- Assist in the management of the training programme, gathering evidence and monitoring resident progress, taking action, as needed, to ensure residents complete their Portfolios and the service meets performance targets;
- Act as Lead Support Worker, helping residents achieve successful independence, making assessments of their needs to create Support and Risk Management Plans and regularly review their progress;
- Deliver within a ‘Psychologically Informed Environment’ using an ‘Advantaged Thinking’ approach.
Skills / Experience
- Knowledge and experience of working with young people;
- Training qualification and experience;
- Experience of supported housing or work in a residential setting;
- Experience of working with vulnerable, hard-to-reach and excluded groups.
- Knowledge of online training/e-learning.
- Relevant teaching qualification, e.g. PTTLS or equivalent
- Higher level relevant vocational qualification, e.g. Social Work, Youth Work.
Support and additional training in the main job areas will be provided to the right applicant, as needed. If you are interested in joining us and would like to apply for this role, complete the online application, in addition to a CV and a supporting statement, with close reference to the main job areas and skills and experience required.
Applications to GC&S by 5pm Friday 2nd November. Please note that the interview date will be Friday 16th November.
For more information about the job role please contact Karen Shimwell, Senior Project Worker at the Sheffield Foyer on 0114 2895600.