Page Hall Neighbourhood Working – Community Development Worker
Part time 25 hours/week (some evenings and weekend hrs may be required)
Salary: £19,324 – 21,471 (pay award pending 1-11-20)
Dependent on experience and qualifications
25 hours per week, 25 days holiday (pro rata), 1 day birthday leave, 8% non-contributory pension
- SOAR is a living wage employer and seeks to uprate salaries by the annual increase in the living wage
- Cycle to Work scheme – Buy a bike tax free and cycle to work.
- Westfield Foresight Health Plan – Annual benefits and services such as routine dental work and check-ups, etc.
The Page Hall Neighbourhood Working – Community Development Worker will be part of a team developing community work in Page Hall, Fir Vale, and Grimesthorpe. The work will focus on delivering a new way of working within the Page Hall community that connects services and enables individuals to access what they need, when they need it and builds relationships, stability and cohesion between neighbours.
This post will support residents to engage in the Page Hall Neighbourhood Working process and support them to develop the neighbourhood action plans, using an asset-based approach. The post will focus on improving integration and community cohesion at a local level. You must have experience of supporting/creating neighbourhood activities/events.
- Support local people to engage in the Page Hall Neighbourhood Working process
- Work with residents and community action groups to develop the neighbourhood plans
- To build and manage relationships with a diverse range of people and stakeholders
Closing date for applications: Midday 9th November 2020
We will notify applicants to be interviewed on the 10th November 2020
Interviews will be held: 16th November 2020
If you would like to speak to someone about this post, please contact Ian Drayton on 0114 213 4066 or Colin Havard 0775 407 063
Please find below the application pack for this role: