Salary: Salary £36,052 – £39,270
2 year contract.
Full-time post but willing to consider applications for a 4 day / part-time post.
Here at South Yorkshire Housing Association we have been working hard to determine how we can make a significant impact on the issue of structural racism. People from across our business and our partners have worked together over 10 months to co-design an ambitious new Race Action Plan. We are now seeking a Race and Diversity Lead to oversee the delivery of this plan over the next 2 years.
This is a new and extremely important role for our organisation. As a champion of diversity, you will lead on the implementation of this ambitious plan and drive our wider commitment to equality and diversity. You will act as an internal and external ambassador for this work, seeking out and sharing best practice. You will be a natural collaborator with a passion for social justice.
For our perfect candidate we are offering a flexible role, working in a caring and friendly team, with a great package of benefits.
- 5B – £36,052 – £39,270
- Monday -Friday 9am-5pm but we have flexible working arrangements in place
- Car allowance / mileage allowance
- Benefits which include an excellent flexible working scheme, family friendly perks, wellbeing scheme, discounts scheme.
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution
More about the role:
As Race and Diversity Lead you will report into our Director of Care, Health and Wellbeing. You will lead on planning and ongoing support for the Equality and Diversity Steering Group and other staff led groups. With the Equality and Diversity Steering Group, you will develop a Road Map for change which is owned across the organisation and honours the voices of our colleagues. You will work closely with our People Team work to ensure that diversity is at the heart of our people practices so that we deliver on our commitment to attract, reward, retain, develop and promote talent that reflects the communities that we work in.
Who you are:
- Excellent project management, capable of managing multiple demands at once
- A passion for social justice and a strong drive to tackle inequality
- Knowledge of equality and diversity best practices, and/or professional/ lived experience of tackling inequality
- Demonstrated ability to inspire coalitions, earn trust, and build consensus amongst a range of people
- Able to steer major change management initiatives and generate engagement for behaviour change
- A brilliant listener, communicator, and a natural collaborator
Who we are:
At South Yorkshire Housing Association, our purpose is for our customers to settle at home, live well and realise their potential.
Feeling settled and living well means different things to the people and families that live across South Yorkshire. So, we work with people in different ways – from our extra-care housing, to providing services and opportunities that individuals can access in their home, workplace and community, to creating houses for affordable rent.
Our employees enable us to create the best services, support, and experiences for our customers. We believe that difference makes us better, and that our services are made stronger by having a diverse workforce. We encourage and welcome applications from all backgrounds.
Please note that we may remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. Please apply at your earliest convenience.
For an Informal Discussion Contact: Juliann Hall, 07902781660
Closing Date: 11 April
Interview Date: 19 April 2021
Apply: You can apply for this role by clicking here