IAG/Careers Adviser (Casual)
Hourly Rate: £14.66 per hour
Sheffield Futures is an independent charity, supporting communities and helping young people to achieve their full potential in learning, employment and life.
We are currently seeking qualified IAG/Careers Advisers to join us on a casual basis working in a number of schools in Sheffield.
As a Casual IAG Adviser you will provide careers guidance services, including information and advice, to young people in order to equip them to make successful transitions in learning and work. This role includes:
- Identifying and assessing young people’s needs in relation to career decision making and transitions
- Providing careers guidance services individually and in group settings, including the provision of information on learning and work.
- Advising on and support applications of Year 11 young people using the online application system and providing information and advice for parents and carers.
- All applicants must hold a Level 6 qualification in advice and guidance.
- You will have relevant, experience of motivating, mentoring and guiding young people in relation to providing the most appropriate careers advice and of co-ordinating CEIAG or work experience in secondary schools.
- You will have recent experience of working with young people between the ages of 11 and 18 years on an individual basis or in groups / classroom settings.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to engage and motivate young people are essential.
- You will need to be approachable and articulate, be organised and methodical and have excellent administration and IT skills.
- You will take a collaborative approach and be able to demonstrate building and maintaining effective internal and/or external relationships.
- This role requires an enhanced DBS check.
Closing Date: 12 noon , Monday 28 June 2021 Interviews: Tuesday 6 July 2021
To apply for this position online please see below to download and submit an application form. Please note applications must be made on the Sheffield Futures application form and be received by the above deadline to be considered.
Sheffield Futures is committed to: promoting diversity in the workplace and to equality of opportunities; safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults. Charity Registration Number 1044940