BFI Film Academy is searching for 20 talented, enthusiastic and hard-working 16-19s from the South Yorkshire region to take part in this year’s programme at Showroom Cinema. The course will commence on Wednesday 4 November running every Saturday until 5 February with a break over the Christmas period.
Applications are particularly welcome from groups currently under-represented in the film industry.
The course is ordinarily delivered at Showroom Cinema, but due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation parts will be delivered in-person and online.
About the course
- BFI Film Academy aims to immerse learners in all aspects of hands-on filmmaking which will help develop practical knowledge and skills working alongside industry professionals
- Learners have the opportunity to watch a range of cinema from British independent to specialised film
- For ten weeks, participants will work in teams on a practical film-based project. The films from last year’s cohort will be screened at the Spirit of Independence Film Festival this year
- A qualification will be gained from NCFE
- Those who complete the course will become part of the BFI Film Academy Alumni and access exclusive opportunities, advice and professional development.
How to apply
Please fill out the application form on the Showroom Cinema website by clicking here.
Course Leader: Sam Barnett – email@example.com
Course Coordinator: Nora Murphy – firstname.lastname@example.org