Sector Routeways have launched a brand new Early Years Education routeway for anybody interested in a career working within the early years sector.
Recruitment for this routeway is now open, with the course starting on Monday 22 May at St Mary’s Church, Bramall Lane, Sheffield, S2 4QZ from 9.30am – 2.30pm.
Candidates will complete 5-10 days of classroom based training, followed by two weeks of work experience in the sector. Work placements will start shortly after. We will then support them to enter sustainable employment.
Candidates will cover:
- Communication in the workplace appropriate to the sector.
- Getting to know the Early Years Foundation Stage Framework statutory requirements.
- Understanding the role of Safeguarding in early years, what this means and what it looks like.
- Child development- the physical, cognitive, emotional and social growth that occurs throughout a child and young person’s life.
- Early years practice and curriculum, supporting children aged 0-5 to reach their full potential.
- Working with parents and developing parental partnerships – helping them to understand and support their child’s development in the early years setting and the home learning environment.
- Exploring different types of early years provision.
- Insights into the early years sector through meeting some of our early years providers who will share their experiences.
- The role of Ofsted (including their role in being the regulatory body).
If you have any referrals or would like more information, please send them to email@example.com