Written by PeoplePlus Academy
We hope you are keeping safe, doing well and adjusting to this new way of life. This is a trying time for many of us and the clients we seek to support.
As a skills centre we have transitioned to delivering all our courses online (see below for Sheffield course list and attached document) which means for us working from home and all the challenges and benefits that entails!
We also wanted to let you know about our ‘feed the nation campaign.’ Peopleplus UK and Staffline UK together with the UK’s leading supermarkets are offering a worker transition service to get those who are redundant or ‘at risk’ into employment. There is a range of ‘transition’ options based on an individual’s skills/experience and access to thousands of vacancies in the ‘essential services’ – food supply, delivery and retail which the supermarkets are urgently looking to fill. If you have anyone that’s interested please direct them to the below website and Harry Coy (our Employment Engagement Manager) can get in touch with them.
For those who need further training to move into a different industries there are options of a two-day ‘transition course’ or longer course of a week to two weeks, if they have been out of work for longer. But please note this is not mandatory, they can apply straight for the vacancies.
Sheffield Online Courses Available
- Functional Skills Maths and English (Entry levels – Level 2)
- Level 1 Extended Certificate in Employability
- Level 1 Certificate in Personal & Social Skills
- Level 2 certificate in Awareness of Mental Health Problems
- Level 2 certificate in the Principles of the Prevention and Control of infection in Care Settings
- Level 1 & 2 in Warehousing & Storage
- Level 2 Certificate in Business Admin
- Level 2 Certificate in Team Leading
- Level 2 Certificate in Equality & Diversity
- Level 2 Certificate in Information, Advice & Guidance
- Level 1 & 2 Certificate in Customer Service
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Retail Operations
- Level 2 SIA Routeway (badge funded and interview available)
Various incentives available i.e. CSCS cards, driving lesson vouchers etc. due to the current circumstances incentives such as FLT, driving lessons, Level 2 door supervision etc. will only be booked once we are able to reopen our centre. Please just get in touch for further information.
Eligibility: 19 years by the 31.08.2019 & resident in the EU/UK 3 years longer (for refugees it’s 6 months)
To refer for our online courses please contact Mina (Mina.Salifu@peopleplus.co.uk) Chris (email@example.com) or Harry (Harry.firstname.lastname@example.org) with learners name and phone number, or give them our contact details and we can talk to them directly – whatever is best!
I really do hope you are well and look forward to the time where we have the option to meet fact-to-face!
Mina MacAllister, Training & Engagement Officer, PeoplePlus Academy