Company: The Growth Company
Contract type: Permanent/ Full- time
Salary: Up to £27,500 per annum
Closing Date: 28/04/2022
The Growth Company are recruiting for several Employment Advisors to join our Employment division. We are on a mission to be the partner of choice for developing people and their communities. The Growth Company is an award-winning organisation with a mission to enable growth, create jobs and improve lives.
Employment Advisers are the front line of The Growth Company. The main purpose of the role is to support unemployed jobseekers (our participants) with finding and sustaining employment, engage with employers and make local communities aware of the benefits of our service. Our participants are the lifeblood of our business and providing them with an excellent service is at the very core of the Employment Adviser role.
- Meeting with jobseekers, identifying any challenges and barriers with finding employment
- Booking jobseekers to any relevant training courses including customer service, security, hospitality, personal development, IT literacy and many others
- Supporting jobseekers with CV writing and job application process
- Liaising with employers to identify any employment opportunities for the jobseekers
- Promoting the Growth Company within the local community
- Able to demonstrate coaching/mentoring experience and persuasion/influencing skills through previous work or social activities
- Experience of working in a customer facing environment for example Customer Services, Hospitality, Social Care, Customer Services, Sales, Retail
- Experience of working in a performance target driven environment
- Willingness to travel locally (e.g. to meet customers/employers)
- Experience of exposure to various customer groups.
- Previous experience of a working in a similar role in Welfare to Work or publicly funded services is desirable
Due to the nature of the role, you will be required to complete an online application form a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. This check will be conducted by Due Dilligence Limited (DDC Ltd) on behalf of The Growth Company. Please note that the successful candidate will not be required to pay for this.
As part of our commitment to increase the diversity of our workforce, we provide a guaranteed interview to applicants who meet the minimum requirements for a role. This commitment applies to candidates who have a disability or are from a Minority Ethnic community.
As part of our application process, you can ask to be considered under this scheme if you are from a Minority Ethnic community or have a physical or mental impairment that has a ‘substantial’ and ‘long-term’ negative effect on your ability to do normal daily activities. Providing that you meet the minimum criteria for the role, you’ll then be invited for an interview. Your guaranteed interview application will only be shared with the recruiting Manager and our Internal Recruitment team.
The Growth Company aims to promote a culture of flexibility and agile working. Going forward we will be transitioning to a culture where full agile working will be a feature of many of our roles.
Should you apply for any of our roles, we will be completing interviews virtually or face to face, dependent on the role. This will be explained further should you reach interview stage. We will be more than happy to explain the measures we have put in place, ahead of you attending any of our premises.
Reasonable adjustments for interviews, whether virtual or face to face, will be considered.
If you require support with the recruitment process, please contact or Internal Recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0161 237 4447.