The Autism Centre for Supported Employment is a small South Yorkshire charity based in Sheffield. A rare opportunity has arisen to join our small, specialised team!
We are now recruiting for an Employment Support Co-ordinator, and require a unique and outstanding candidate who shares our values, passion and commitment. Our aim is to enrich the lives of the individuals we work with.
37 per week, Monday to Friday (but may be required occasionally to work out-side normal hours to meet the needs of the centre)
Salary & Benefits
25 days holidays, plus bank holidays (to increase with length of service)
We are looking for someone with a can-do attitude and a high level of compassion as well as emotional resilience.
Your role would include (but not be limited to) the following:-
- Helping to oversee and support adults with autism spectrum disorder and/or Learning Disabilities within the working environment.
- The role involves practical, person-centred employment support to clients in both paid work and on placements, as well as a varying range of administrative duties.
- You would also be helping to source/set up meaningful work experience placements for clients, preparing CV’s, job-searching and negotiating reasonable adjustments.
- Additional duties may include helping in preparation of funding bids, supervising other staff in absence of the Manager, and overseeing support timetables.
- The position is with the Autism Centre for Supported Employment which is based in Sheffield 1.
- Experience working with adults with autism is essential.
- Previous experience sourcing work opportunities, or working in project coordination with some line management elements would be beneficial.
- We are looking for someone with an empathic nature and desire to break down barriers within the world of employment for adults with Autism and Learning Disabilities.
- We are a small, friendly team who have a strong desire to make a difference.
- Suitable applicant is subject to a DBS check
Closing Date: 10th June 2022
For more information contact Glynis on 07399 122268 or Jayne on 07399 122305
How to apply
E-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) for an application form and job description.